Sunday 30 December 2012

UKIP - Episode One

The last 48 hours or so have seen several bloggers take another look at UKIP. Unfortunately for UKIP most of these posts (and the comments) seem to have found their progress wanting.  I can't say with 100% certainty but one of the things that is driving some of the commentary is off the back of this article in the Daily Mail.

I've listed all of the articles here and I recommend you take in the some of the observations and have a think about them:

Witterings from Witney 
Autonomous Mind
EUReferendum

There are several things that strike me about them but my take on them is that the party is not where it should be in a political environment where UKIP victories should be like shooting fish in a barrel.

On the face of it, it is head scratching but we seem to keep coming back to the same observations on the leadership, the organisation and strategy. These seem to be failings that have punished them in the past and continue to do so, yet there appears no outward sign that these weaknesses are being resolved. I'm not anti UKIP because as I've said before I'd welcome a fourth party just to shake things up.  UKIP are about the closest thing right now but they just not ready in all manner of areas which is stupid because its there for the taking. Events in Europe are running away with the mainstream parties and as much as Cameron, Milliband and the other clone tries to pretend - they are not in control.

 If this were a poker game we're very close to that point where everyone gets to see each others cards.  Events could effectively see UKIP about to be dealt a hand of aces, but right now they don't look ready to play them.

To that end I'm on a bit of a UKIP watch, looking at commentary and exploring it.  This was episode one.



2 comments:

  1. Insightful -and if I may say so - correct summation if my views and the others that you list.

    Also many thanks for the mensch and link

    ReplyDelete